Bhuvneshwar Kumar Singh was born on 5 February 1990 in Meerut. He was born to Indresh Pal Singh, a police Sub-inspector with the police force of Uttar Pradesh, and to Kiran Pal Singh, a housewife. Rekha Singh, his sister, encourages his cricket love and was the one who took him to his first cricket coaching class at the age of 13.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar made his first-class debut at the age of 17 in a match against West Bengal for the Uttar Pradesh state cricket team. In the Duleep Trophy for the Central Zone, Kumar took 1 wicket with an economy rate of 3.03 in the second semi-final match. He also scored an amazing 128 out of 312 balls and surpassed all the scores of his teammates in the match and also won the Match Man.
Kumar made his international debut against Pakistan in the 20-20 cricket format and took 3 wickets with only 9 runs in 4 over. At the T-20 debut, the economy rate of 2.25 broke all previous best bowling records.
His first ODI debut was also against Pakistan, where he took the wicket of Mohammed Hafeez on his first ball. Kumar made its international test cricket debut in February 2013 in a match against Australia during the Australia Tour to India in 2013.
Following a brilliant performance in the Ranji Trophy 2008-2009, Kumar was chosen to play for the Royal Challengers Bangalore IPL franchise. In 2011, he signed a contract with Pune Warriors India, another IPL franchise. Kumar was joined in by the Sunrisers Hyderabad team in 2014 and has played for it ever since.
|Full Name||:||Bhuvneshwar Kumar Singh|
|Date of Birth||:||5/2/1990|
|Birth Place||:||Bulandshahr, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||:||Luharli village, Bulandshahr, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Height||:||5 ft 9 in (1.75cm)|
|Father||:||Kiran Pal Singh|
|Siblings||:||Rekha Adhana (Elder sister)|
|Spouse||:||Nupur Nagar (wife)|
|School||:||A School from Meerut|
|Hobbies||:||Reading, Playing games on PS3 or iPad|
|Batting Style||:||Right-handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||:||Right-arm medium-fast|
|ODI Debut||:||30 December 2012 against Pakistan at Chennai (cap 194)|
|Test Debut||:||22 February 2013 against Australia at Chennai (cap 276)|
|T20 Debut||:||25 December 2012 against Pakistan at Bengaluru (cap 45)|
|ODI Shirt No||:||15|
|T20I, IPL Shirt No||:||15|
|Favourite Bowl||:||Inswing and Outswing|
|Teams||:||Uttar Pradesh, India A, Pune Warriors, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrises Hyderabad|
RECORDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Bhuvi is the only bowler to send Sachin Tendulkar away for a duck in Cricket of the first class.
- The record for the most cost-effective figures in a T20I cricket match against the West Indies in 2014 is 3 out of 3.
- In IPL 10 (2017), he took 26 wickets and won the’ purple cap’ for most wickets in that IPL session.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar was the first Indian bowler to take five hauls in all game formats. He also pulled out all three of his goals in all three formats for his debut wickets.
- He made several records on his debut test, coming at No. 10, including the most balls faced( 97), most runs scored( 38) and a record 9th wicket partnership of 140.
- In the 2017 ICC Champions Trophy, Kumar and his teammate, Jasprit Bumrah led the bowling attack of the Indian team and India reached the final.
- In 2018, Kumar won five wickets against South Africa in the first T20I and India won the match in 28 rounds. He was the first Indian in the T20Is to do so.