fbpx
All for Joomla All for Webmasters

Kent re-sign Nabi for 2020 T20 Blast

Kent re-sign Nabi for 2020 T20 Blast

Afghan all-rounder Mohammad Nabi will return to Kent re for another season of the T20 Blast as was confirmed by the club on November 13.
Nabi is ranked as the best T20 all-rounder in the world right now and he spent the 2019 season of T20 Blast with Kent re. Nabi scored 147 runs as a middle-order batsman at a strike rate of 153.12. one of the highlights of the season was his 12-ball-43 that thumped Surrey in a rain-affected game. He even claimed eight wickets that season, at an economy rate of 7.22.

“I very much enjoyed my first season with Kent re and I am pleased to be coming back for another year of the Vitality Blast. There’s lots of quality in the team so hopefully, we can do well,” said Nabi, who has the experience of playing the league cricket globally, including the IPL and the BBL. He was also London Spirit’s second-round pick in the recently-concluded The Hundred draft.
Paul Downton, the Kent re Director of Cricket, welcomed Nabi on board for the entirety of the 2020 season and said the club would be delighted to reunite with him subject to the obvious regulatory approval. “To do well in the Blast, you need a number of match-winners, and Nabi showed us what he is capable of last year,” he said.

“His ability to bowl at any stage of the innings and to hit the ball out of the park when he bats makes him one of the most exciting players in world cricket. He fitted into our environment really well and to have him with us for the entirety of the South Group in 2020 is a boost to the whole squad.”

Receive more interesting news, updates and live scores on your smartphones, download CricDost app now!

Android

iOS