fbpx
All for Joomla All for Webmasters

The crisis between Bangladesh Cricket Board and Striking Players

The crisis between Bangladesh Cricket Board and Striking Players

The ongoing cold war between the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) and its senior-most players came to an end after issues were resolved on October 23rd with the board agreeing to most of the players’ demands which led to the players calling their strike.

The players’ ongoing strike put the series against India in jeopardy as the players added 11 demands to their list and sent it to the board for consideration. The Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) officials, however, were insistent on solving the problem as quickly as possible and in the end, managed to give in to most of the players’ demands.

“We have agreed to meet up most of their demands,” Nazmul Hasan said in a joint press conference where Shakib al Hasan was sitting beside him at the board room. “We had earlier decided to cancel the third round of the NCL, but as the players decided to play we have shifted it to next Saturday. The national camp will start from October 25,” he said, ending all speculation hovering around the upcoming India tour that is scheduled to start from November 3.

“They had sent 11 demands where BCB had nothing to do with the CWAB related demand while we have decided to agree on the remaining demands apart from the one where it was stated that players will be allowed to play in more than two franchise-based tournaments,” he said. “I don’t think there are many players who are offered more than two franchise-based tournaments and we will make the decision regarding participation of them in the franchise-based cricket on a case-to-case basis,” he said.

Receive more interesting news, updates and live scores on your smartphones, download CricDost app now!

Android

iOS