fbpx
All for Joomla All for Webmasters

IND vs AUS: Can King Kohli win this ODI series? ODI Series Preview

IND vs AUS: Can King Kohli win this ODI series? ODI Series Preview

Highlights: Australia finds the right balance, India is still at full strength with Jasprit Bumrah missing.

India after creating history winning the Test series with Australia for the first time sets the direct three-match ODI series against Australia starting on Saturday, 12th January. This time Bumrah is under rest as announced by the BCCI. Instead, returns Mahendra Singh Dhoni, India’s wicketkeeper and batsman. Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul are ruled out from the 1st ODI series due to the offensive remarks made on women in a popular TV show- Koffee with Karan last Saturday. The BCCI is yet to decide the quantum of punishment for the young duo. As things go by, still the team stands in full strength waiting to create another history with the captain Virat Kohli on board. It is said that both the teams would deliver a powered-packed performance in this match.

The Australian International cricket captain Aaron Finch has announced their XI for the first ODI in the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG). Peter Siddle, Jason Behrendorff, Jhye Richardson returns for the ODI. Shaun Marsh and Peter Handscomb alongside Usman Khawaja would be the frontier batsman, while Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell will be the two all-rounders. Nathan Lyon will be the only spinner. The squad hopes to have a good balance which could bring problem for Virat Kohli’s Team India. Surprisingly Adam Zampa is missing in the XI squad though he is one of the best spinners.

Having been picked in the playing XI for the ODI opener, Peter Siddle is set to break the past record of the greatest match gap of six years and 282 days by Tim Zoehrer between 1986 and 1994. Siddle last wore the Australian yellow and green shirt on 9th November 2010, against Sri Lanka. Coincidently, his arrival will be at a similar venue where he played his last ODI 8 years back.

Match Prediction and Toss Prediction:

The 1st ODI match of India tour of Australia is scheduled on Saturday, 12th January 2019 at SCG, Sydney. The toss prediction and match prediction is very important for this match. The winning chance of both sides slightly vary, India has a 56% chance of victory whereas Australia has a 44% chance of a win. The team who wins the toss is probably going to bat first as the pitch can create some deep splits.

Australia ODI Past Stats:

Australia had played 920 ODI matches. They won 557, different teams won 320, tied 9 and 34 matches came with no outcome.

India ODI Past Stats:

Coming to the visitor, India faced Australia in 128 ODI past matches. Out of them, Australia won 73, India won 45 and 10 matches finished in a draw. But India hasn’t won an ODI match against Australia in Sydney ground. Will India win in Sydney this time?

POSSIBLE PLAYING XI:

Australia: Alex Carey(vc), Aaron Finch (captain), Usman Khawaja, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Siddle, Nathan Lyon, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Jhye Richardson.

India: Rohit Sharma (vc), Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli (captain), Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik, Kedar Jadhav, MS Dhoni (wk), Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Kuldeep Yadav, Khaleel Ahmed

PS: to view live score on the ongoing ODI series on Cricdost, download our Android or iOS app and enjoy the day with excitement.

Guess Who?

Will India win the ODI series against Australia in Sydney?