MS Dhoni renowned as ‘Captain Cool’ was from Ranchi who was advised to be a wicket-keeper instead of a batsman. He has come a long way from being a ticket collector working with the Indian Railways to guiding Team India to victory in the ICC tournaments. He is also the only captain to win all three ICC trophies (ICC World T20 2007, ICC ODI World Cup 2011, ICC Champions Trophy 2013).
Dhoni has always been regarded as one of the greatest finishers in the limited-overs format. Well, not only that but his quick, lightning fast stumpings as a wicket-keeper has made him one of the best in cricket history. Recently, the former skipper became the first Indian wicket-keeper to effect 400 One Day International dismissals.
Here are a few facts which you may not have known about MS Dhoni.
- He has the most tons as a captain while batting at No. 7 position.
- Team India has won most T20I matches under his captaincy.
- He was the first Indian captain to help reach No.1 spot in Test Raking.
- He was the first player to score 1000 runs in T20I without scoring a half-century.
- He scored the highest made by any batsman in the second innings.
- He along with Mahela Jayawardene ser a new world record for the 6th wicket partnership. ( Asia XI vs Africa XI )
- He holds the record of fastest Test Century scored by an Indian Wicket Keeper after Kamran Akmal & Adam Gilchrist in the table.
- He holds the record for most catches by an Indian Player in an Innings.
- He was recommended for Team India’s Skipper by God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar himself.
- He was conferred with the honorary rank of the Lt. Colonel by the Indian Territorial Army in 2011.
- He was a huge fan of Football before entering Cricket and also have a hand in Badminton too.
- He is a huge WWE fan and his favorite superstars were Bret ‘The Hitman’ and Hulk Hogan.
- He is a music lover and fan of old Hindi melody songs. His favorite singer was late Kishore Kumar.
- He cut his long hair following his favorite film actor John Abraham to look alike.
- He is a bike lover and has almost more than 10-speed bikes in his garage.
STREET PLAYER TO STAR PLAYER – CricDost